Cerclage Surgery is Done 7/8

Today we woke up at 5 am like every other work day. But today we didn't go to work we headed to the hospital for surgery. Since my cervix is incompetent I needed surgery to sew it shut. I arrived at the hospital at 630 am. I was nervous because we had not been to labor and delivery since we delivered the triplets. The smells and the sounds were very familiar. I was a little nervous at first but had many visitors to my room. It felt more like a reunion and less like a medical procedure. It felt nice being welcomed and cared for by the nurses and doctors. Dr. Monti came in and did an ultrasound. It made me feel a little more at ease seeing our little one. I caught Dr. Monti looking between the babies legs. He always wants to be the first to find out the sex. He said it was still early, I asked him what his professional guess is. He said I still think you are having a GIRL. We will find out in a few weeks if he is correct :) I was able to walk into the surgery room, very very different from last time I was here. I never walked anywhere.



I got the spinal block and was placed on the bed. Dr. Monti worked his magic. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as planned. My cervix has already started to shorten. It was a very good thing I came in today for the procedure. He was able to put the stitch in and we are praying it holds. I will be monitored very close and he will place an permanent abdominal cerclage if needed. We will do what ever it takes to keep this baby in until Christmas. I am now on complete bed rest no privileges, but bathroom. So i is going to be a very Long 6 months. I am just glad I have the world greatest husband.

9 comments:

em.ily said...
July 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

i will send good thoughts your way :)

Unknown said...
July 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Cathi-

I can't beleive you are on bedrest already! I will be praying for you and thinking about you. I know we have the same exact story so as I read this post I know exactly what you mean. Keep up with my blog while you are on bed rest. Are you on Face Book? That is something fun that you can do from the comfort of your own bed. Are you on bedrest at home, or the hospital? I will have my cerclage done at 12 weeks also! How far along are you now? I will be praying for at least 28-30 weeks! I know that is a big milestone for us.

Take Care of yourself and that sweet baby!

-Erica

Triplets+3=Crazy said...
July 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Cathi,

I am happy that the procedure went well. We will be praying for you.

You are such a strong woman. I have no doubt you can handle 6 months of bedrest. Hang in there!

Astrid said...
July 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Cathi ~ Hang in there! You will be able to do this.

Astrid

Lisa said...
July 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Glad it went well today. Sorry you're on complete bed rest. I recommend setting up a queue of books at your library. Catch up on all the books you want to read, and soon won't have time to do so!

Nan & Mike said...
July 9, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Hi Cathi - thanks for the update. Glad all went well! Hopefully Ill be following your same experience in the Fall! Continually praying for you and Logan :) Hang in there and follow all of the docs orders!!Nan xo

Allison said...
July 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM

It will be hard but I'll be praying that stitch works and you'll have an easy 6 months of bedrest! How exciting, a little girl! They say my boys at 13 weeks so if they cant see its a boy, thats a good indiction its a girl! Congrats!

Michele S said...
July 11, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Cathi, I went on bedrest at 11 weeks and stayed down until 35 weeks. You can do it! We are all pulling for you.

Tracy from Bayfront L&D said...
July 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Glad it all went well!!! It makes all the difference in the world when you have such a wonderful and supportive husband! You can do this.... 6 months will come and go and before you know it you'll be holding your new baby! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to see you!

Back to Home Back to Top this is our LONG journey. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.